Esri Canada has an exceptional professional opportunity for an Application Specialist who will perform a leading role implementing Utilities business solution projects based on Esri technology. As an Application Specialist, you will contribute to the ongoing business operations of the company by effectively providing high-level delivery of assigned consulting projects and other client services. This position is based in our Toronto office.
Application Specialist responsibilities include:
- Meet with customers to identify business objectives and/or problems that can be solved with a GIS based solution.
- Design creative GIS solutions focused on off the shelf Esri technology
- Install, configure and upgrade Esri technology including desktop, geodatabase, server, mobile and web components
- Assist with migration strategies for version upgrades of ESRI technology
- Coordinate and validate technical response and estimation for proposal submissions.
- Provide feedback and suggestions for process and process improvement
- Act as a technical mentor and advisor to junior resources
- Work with clients to assist them during the implementation process of software
- Provide database design expertise, application support and prototype development
- Contributing to needs analysis, functional requirements definition, and business solution needs as outlined by a customer.
- Proactively pursue self-instruction on all relevant technical topics.
Specific skill requirements:
- 7+ years’ experience in designing GIS based systems
- Practical experience implementing GIS for electrical, fibre and gas networks
- Experience with data structuring/modeling, application design and consulting related to asset management, and work management systems as they relate to enterprise GIS.
- Demonstrable skills developing documentation for system installation, configuration and maintenance
- Working knowledge of relational databases (Oracle or SQLServer)
- Experience analyzing and documenting user needs requirements
- University degree in computer science, engineering, math, GIS or equivalent education and experience
Competencies in the following are essential:
- Excellent customer focus
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills / relationship building.
- Time management / multi-tasking ability
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skill.
- Team player with a track record for meeting deadlines
- Comfortable working on multiple projects simultaneously
Considered as assets for this position are the following:
- Experience working with the Schneider Electric suite of products
Esri Canada provides a dynamic work environment, an opportunity to build your skills with leading tools and technologies and a team based approach. We offer attractive salaries with an outstanding benefits package.
Qualified? Submit your resume, quoting the file number, via email to email@example.com (Microsoft Word or PDF format).
Esri Canada believes in employment equity and values a diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all interested candidates. Please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.