Esri Canada is seeking an experienced Bilingual Public Relations Specialist. This full-time, permanent position is based out of the Corporate Head Office in Toronto and reports directly to the Manager, Marketing Communications. The successful candidate will own, develop and ensure the successful execution of public relations campaigns and work as part of the Marketing Communications team.
- Plan and execute public relations programs designed to create and maintain a favourable public image for Esri Canada among English and French-speaking audiences.
- Promote the company’s products, services, corporate/customer successes and thought leadership by developing compelling communications materials including news releases, blogs, case studies, articles, white papers, brochures, videos, e-newsletters, social media content and others.
- Develop and maintain relationships with target media across Canada. Engage them to cover Esri Canada stories, as well as use Esri technology for news reporting. Prepare briefing materials for company spokespeople.
- Research, compile and pursue editorial opportunities. Develop bylined articles in coordination with the company’s subject matter experts and customers.
- Manage the company’s speakers bureau. Identify and secure speaking opportunities for Esri Canada’s subject matter experts and customers. Coordinate media training as needed.
- Research, prepare and track award submissions.
- Plan, prepare content for and monitor Esri Canada’s social media channels. Ensure that customer issues/questions are addressed timely.
- Create and update content for the company’s website.
- Maintain company’s messaging framework, directory listings, boilerplates and communications style guide.
- Edit, proofread, and revise communications materials to ensure consistency with corporate brand and key messages.
- Monitor and report on all media outreach and public relations activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Specific skill requirements:
- University Degree or College Diploma in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or related field
- 6+ years’ experience in a technology public relations role (agency/client environment)
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications, social media platforms and content management/web publishing systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English & French). Must show portfolio of previous work. A writing test will be required.
- Established relationships with English and French media in Canada
Competencies in the following are essential:
- A self-starter who can demonstrate initiative and thrive in a multi-tasking environment often with competing priorities
- Analytical and problem-solving ability
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic individual with a “can-do” attitude
- Flexibility to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with extremely tight deadlines
- Project management skills
- Commitment to excellence
Considered as assets for this position are the following:
- PR agency experience
- GIS experience
Esri Canada provides a dynamic work environment, an opportunity to build your skills with leading tools and technologies and a team based approach. We offer attractive salaries with an outstanding benefits package.
Qualified? Submit your resume, quoting the file number, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Microsoft Word or PDF format).
Esri Canada believes in employment equity and values a diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all interested candidates. Please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.