Esri Canada has an exceptional professional opportunity for a Business Analyst focusing on enterprise business solution projects. Based out of Esri Canada's office in Montreal, you will leverage your knowledge and experience in leading the business analysis and implementation of Enterprise GIS solutions based on Esri technology. As a business analyst, you will contribute to the ongoing business operations of the company by effectively providing professional business analysis services for assigned consulting projects.
- Providing technical expertise in the user needs analysis, estimate, design, development, and implementation of Enterprise GIS, Asset Management and Community Development/Permitting solutions. Document business requirements, use cases, and traceability matrix using Enterprise Architect software
- Analyze and chart the effectiveness and efficiency of client existing business processes in order to define current business activities for the development of future state business processes
- Facilitate system interface requirements workshops with client business leads and document specifications
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives for improving processes in production systems across the organization
- Working with other consultants in the design, configuration and delivery of client solutions from conception to completion
- Scope projects and assist the Project Manager in developing complete project SOW and project plans for all assigned projects
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews for modified and new processes, software configuration and other pre/post-implementation support
- Assist in producing status and consulting reports as required
- Actively participate in the preparation of proposals (e.g. RFPs, RFIs and RFQs) and presentation/demonstration benchmarks
Specific skill requirements:
- Proven experience with Esri products
- 5+ years Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, business process modeling/mapping, methodology development, and data modeling
- Proven experience with implementing GIS based public infrastructure (i.e. water, wastewater, and transportation networks) asset and maintenance management systems
- Experience with data structuring/modeling, asset lifecycle modeling, asset risk modeling, application design and consulting related to asset management, and work management systems
- Experience presenting Enterprise Asset Management and Community Development/Permitting solutions to technical and senior business/information system executives
- Experience in managing client relationships
- Experience in leading Asset Management and Permitting business requirements workshops and developing recommendations and reports
- SQL scripting and database report developing using third-party reporting packages such as Crystal Reports and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- University degree or College diploma in the field of GIS/computer science, or Civil Engineering
Competencies in the following are essential:
- Bilingual English/French.
- Working towards obtaining the Certification of Competency in Business Analysis (CBAP) exam monitored by the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA).
- Strong interpersonal skills / relationship building.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to negotiate and build consensus.
- Time management / multi-tasking ability.
- Excellent written/ communication / presentation skills.
- Team player with a track record for meeting deadlines.
Esri Canada provides a dynamic work environment, an opportunity to build your skills with leading tools and technologies and a team based approach. We offer attractive salaries with an outstanding benefits package.
Qualified? Submit your resume, quoting the file number, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Microsoft Word or PDF format).
Esri Canada believes in employment equity and values a diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all interested candidates. Please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.