Esri Canada has an exceptional professional opportunity for a Senior Consultant focusing on UI to join our services team to help design outstanding applications for our clients. Based out of one of Esri Canada's main offices (Quebec City, Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver or Toronto), you will work with top consultants in our Professional Services division and external companies to generate concepts and design solutions that are focused, unique, innovative, and represent the best in GIS applications.
Senior Consultant responsibilities include:
- Create sophisticated, imaginative, efficient, and visually striking user interfaces
- Translate complex requirements into a strategy and create wireframes to illustrate the UX concept
- Create high fidelity mockups that are clean, modern, and visually appealing
- Work closely with other consultants, software developers and testers in the design and delivery of client solutions from conception to completion
- Leverage and stay up to date with new web design trends and technologies
- Serve as a resource and mentor to other members of the design team
- Scope projects and assist the Project Manager in developing complete project SOW and project plans for all assigned projects
- Actively participate in the preparation of proposals (e.g. RFPs, RFIs and RFQs)
Specific skill requirements:
- Bachelor’s in computer science, graphic design, visual design, human factors engineering, interaction design, information architecture, or other relevant field
- 5+ years of experience in user interface design, web development, visual design
- Outstanding online portfolio showcasing visual design for web and/or mobile apps
- Solid understanding of user experience (UX) and a keen eye for graphical design
- Ability to take a concept from sketch to final implementation
- Willingness to take ownership of projects and help drive them to effective implementation
- Exceptional ability to present and sell your design
- Passionate about novel user interface design and software development
- Bilingual (English/French) would be considered an asset
Competencies in the following are essential:
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop and Illustrator
- Ability to interface with customers, gather requirements, and implement new solutions
- Ability and willingness to obtain a security clearance
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure
- Excellent written/ communication / presentation skills
- Team player with a track record for meeting deadlines
Please include a link to your online portfolio or samples of recent work.
Esri Canada believes in employment equity and welcomes applications from all interested candidates. Please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Quebec City, Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver or Toronto
Qualified? Submit your resume, quoting the file number, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Microsoft Word or PDF format).
Esri Canada believes in employment equity and values a diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all interested candidates. Please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.