Esri Canada has an open position for a Senior Project Manager, based out of the Toronto office. Reporting directly to the PMO Director, the ideal incumbent will have experience working in a PMO environment, demonstrate a strong understanding of agile project delivery methodology and hold an active certification as a Project Management Professional.
Project Manager Responsibilities include:
- Project management for delivery of internal corporate projects, from planning through implementation. Includes responsibilities such as setting scope, priorities, deadlines, deliverable schedules, managing and monitoring project timelines, status and progress reporting, stakeholder relationship management, identifying and mitigating risk events.
- To liaise and work collaboratively with finance professionals to ensure all necessary information is available for the proper accounting and analysis of Professional Services consulting projects.
- Assist with creation, maintenance and delivery of training materials for providing project support systems (e.g. SAP, Salesforce) and service delivery knowledge transfer to Esri Canada personnel as required
- Provide guidance and support to the project management team for defined SDG (Service Delivery Guide) project management procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, monthly review of EAC with Project Managers; support of professional services invoicing procedures; support for monthly status reporting; support for project change management, support for forecasting.
- Support PMO executive reporting activities by monitoring SDG compliance, reviewing delivery outputs and compiling results for quarterly project audits.
- Execute bid and project review activities such as Risk Review, Red Review, Project Initiation Review, Project Closure Review and Lessons Learned Review in conjunction with the PMO Director
- Provide support and guidance to the PMO Project Coordinator as required for the following tasks:
- Liaise and work collaboratively with IT Support for investigation and resolution of project support system issues associated with the consulting line of business
- Liaise and work collaboratively with Internal Department Managers, Professional Services Managers, Practice Managers and Project Managers to ensure the proper set up of projects in SAP and other project support systems. As well, provide ongoing technical assistance, proactive audit and quality control as required throughout the project delivery life cycle.
- Create user documentation for project delivery teams. e.g. how-to documents, user checklists, business process diagrams.
- Ensure proper set-up and management of time and expenses for external contractors working on Esri Canada consulting projects.
Specific skill requirements:
- 5+ years working in a project management capacity, preferably in a professional services environment
- 1+ years’ experience as a project manager on IT projects
- Demonstrated experience with current project management tools and techniques e.g. MS Office Word, Excel, MS Project, Visio, SharePoint, Salesforce, SAP, Agile Accelerator
- Demonstrated ability to prepare project documents
- University degree or equivalent education and experience
- PMP certification (or current commitment to working towards certification)
- Ability to attain government Secret (Level II) and/or Top Secret (Level III) clearance
Competencies in the following are essential:
- Excellent problem solving leadership, facilitation, interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent management consulting skills and experience to advise, guide, facilitate and produce quality deliverables
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Attention to detail and strong decision making skills
- Delegation skills / time management / multi-tasking ability
Considered as assets for this position are the following:
- Bilingual (English/French)
- Agile project management expertise
- Risk management expertise
Esri Canada provides a dynamic work environment, an opportunity to build your skills with leading tools and technologies and a team based approach. We offer attractive salaries with an outstanding benefits package.
Qualified? Submit your resume, quoting the file number, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Microsoft Word or PDF format).
Esri Canada believes in employment equity and values a diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all interested candidates. Please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.