Esri Canada Limited has an immediate requirement in the Toronto office for a Technical Solutions Specialist to support the sales, marketing and Industry Solutions activities within the Utilities Market. This position will report to the Utilities Industry Manager and work closely with Sales and Marketing teams to demonstrate ArcGIS based solutions and provide GIS technical advice to prospective clients, existing clients and business partners.
Technical Solutions Specialist responsibilities include:
Pre-sales activities are designed to lead to the sale of products and services offered by Esri Canada. These activities are performed during sales calls, site visits, seminars, proposals, trade shows etc...
- Team up with account managers and industry managers to provide technical support and generate sales.
- Liaise with Esri Inc. and 3rd-Party suppliers (including Schneider Electric and Latitude Geographics) to ensure proper product messaging and positioning.
- Advise customers on GIS requirements and strategies, architectures, products selection, and release planning with specific focus on the utilities sector (e.g. electrical, gas, telcos, and water wastewater).
- Leverage existing ArcGIS industry solutions and deliver effective demonstrations of ArcGIS products and solutions that address client business needs and competitive situations.
- Assist customers on decisions regarding software solutions, professional services’ needs business partner selection, and training requirements.
- Assist clients and business partners in integrating ArcGIS technology with their respective products and organizational data.
- Assist the Director, Industry Solutions and the Utility Industry Manager in the development and delivery of events, collateral and electronic communication (e.g. Web casts) specific to the use and growth of Esri solutions for the Utility market.
Post-sales activities are designed to continue and expand the use of products and services offered by Esri Canada and generate additional sales, development of good references, creation of customer satisfaction, and enhancement of Esri Canada's image as a solutions provider.
- Team up with Sales and Marketing Teams to perform regular key account reviews and follow ups.
- Act as a technical advisor to customers and partners to provide GIS strategy support
- Provide mentoring to Esri Canada Technical staff and educate Technical Staff through training, seminars, demos, and lunch and learn sessions on a regular basis.
Specific skill requirements:
- Minimum 7 years’ technical experience working with the GIS sector
- Strong knowledge of GIS solutions including other than the Esri suite.
- Experience with Esri’s ArcGIS for Server and Desktop software products.
- Experience with ArcGIS Online / Portal.
- Experience in presenting all aspects of Esri technology to analysts and decision makers.
- University Degree, College Diploma or relevant experience in a related field of study.
Competencies in the following are essential:
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Courteous, well-spoken and customer focused
- Demonstrated leadership and mentoring skills
- Self-motivated, organized, goal driven, and efficient team player
- Analytical and problem solving ability
- Initiative and follow-through ability
Considered as assets for this position are the following:
- 2 - 3+ years working for a Utility.
- Degree in Engineering or Computer Science.
- Experience working with Business solutions from Utility Partners, such as Schneider Electric, Latitude Geographics, Azteca, and Clevest Solutions.
- Experience working in a Utility Systems Operations environment.
- Prior developer experience with GIS technology.
- Prior GIS development and implementation experience.
- Prior consulting services, sales support or sales engineer experience.
- Bilingual (English/French).
Esri Canada provides a dynamic work environment, an opportunity to build your skills with leading tools and technologies and a team based approach. We offer attractive salaries with an outstanding benefits package.
Qualified? Submit your resume, quoting the file number, via email to email@example.com (Microsoft Word or PDF format).
Esri Canada believes in employment equity and values a diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all interested candidates. Please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.