This course teaches a standard workflow you can apply to any spatial analysis project. Working with a variety of ArcGIS tools and data, you will perform different types of analyses to efficiently create reliable results that support informed decision making. This course is taught using ArcGIS for Desktop Advanced and some course exercises use tools provided in the ArcGIS Spatial Analyst extension.
Note: Course concepts apply to ArcGIS 10.2, 10.3 and 10.4. Esri Canada will provide ArcGIS 10.4 software for use during class.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Choose appropriate data, methods and tools to plan, execute and document a given analysis project
- Automate analysis tasks using geoprocessing models
- Create a weighted suitability model to select the optimal location for a new site
- Apply spatial statistics to examine distribution patterns and identify hot spots
- Model temporal data to analyze and visualize change over time
- Share analysis workflows and results so they are accessible and repeatable
10.4, 10.3, 10.2
- ArcGIS 10.3 for Desktop or ArcGIS 10.4 for Desktop (Advanced)
- ArcGIS 10.3 Spatial Analyst or ArcGIS 10.4 Spatial Analyst