Learn how to apply fundamental cartographic design principles to create maps that are easy to interpret and properly designed for their audience and delivery medium. You will explore a standard cartographic workflow to efficiently produce high-quality maps for print and online use. Course exercises primarily use ArcMap.
Note: Course concepts apply to ArcGIS 10.3, 10.4 and 10.5. Esri will provide ArcGIS 10.5 software for use during class.
- GIS analysts
- GIS technical leads
- Map designers
- Choose appropriate data to support cartographic needs
- Create appropriate symbology, map elements and layout designs
- Create labels and annotations
- Produce attractive maps for print and web delivery
10.4, 10.3, 10.5
- ArcGIS Desktop 10.5 (Advanced)
- ArcGIS Enterprise 10.5 (Standard or Advanced)
- ArcGIS Online