A successful multiuser editing environment requires a sound versioning workflow that minimizes disruption to editors, ensures the integrity of GIS data and integrates well with existing business workflows while maintaining optimal database performance. This course explores a variety of versioned editing workflows and examines how versioning decisions impact data accuracy and database performance.
Note: Course concepts apply to ArcGIS 10.2, 10.3 and 10.4. Esri Canada will provide ArcGIS 10.4 software for use during class.
GIS database managers or administrators who need to set up and manage a multiuser editing environment
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Deploy a versioning workflow that meets your organization’s needs
- Efficiently load data into a versioned feature class
- Manage multiple geodatabase versions
- Monitor and maintain database performance in a versioned editing environment
10.4, 10.3, 10.2
- ArcGIS 10.4 for Desktop (Standard or Advanced)
- ArcGIS 10.4 for Server Enterprise (Basic)
- Microsoft SQL Server Standard 2012