Learn GIS system architecture design strategies and infrastructure architecture patterns that support successful enterprise operations. This course presents best practices and comprehensive guidelines to plan and select the system solution that best meets your organization's needs. Performance validation and system capacity-planning techniques for enterprise GIS deployments are covered.
Note: Course concepts apply to ArcGIS 10.3 and 10.4. Esri Canada will provide ArcGIS 10.4 software for use during class.
- Senior architecture consultants and solution architects who need to increase their knowledge of enterprise GIS system design
- GIS managers, project managers and software developers who need to understand system architecture and hardware capacity-planning criteria
- IT system administrators and analysts who need to understand, identify and troubleshoot performance problems with existing GIS operations
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Define user workflow requirements and the software deployment patterns that support those requirements
- Identify system design factors that impact GIS software performance and scalability
- Incorporate security best practices throughout system design and deployment
- Identify a target IT platform and network solution that satisfies your peak system performance needs
This course is designed to work with Microsoft Office 2010 or Microsoft Office 2013.
If you are attending this course in the instructor-led online classroom and wish to use your own local copy of Microsoft Excel to complete course exercises, you must have Microsoft Office 2013, 2010, 2007 or 2003 installed on your machine.