Esri Canada has an exceptional professional opportunity for a GIS Consultant focusing on consulting projects within Provincial Government, Municipal Government, Public Safety and Private sectors. As a GIS Consultant with Esri Canada, you will leverage your knowledge and training to assist in the implementation of GIS solutions based on Esri technologies. This position will focus on enterprise consulting projects with some pre sales support activities (prototypes, demonstrations). This position is based in the Edmonton office and is for a 1-year term for a Maternity leave backfill. At the end of the Term, this position will be reviewed for possible extension.
As a GIS Consultant you will contribute to the ongoing business operations of the Prairie Region by effectively providing technical knowledge and delivery of assigned consulting projects and other client services. The successful candidate will also participate in user needs analysis, design, configuration, development and implementation activities for client solutions.
GIS Consultant responsibilities include:
- Providing technical expertise in configuration, development and implementation of the client solutions.
- Ensuring the smooth delivery of projects as specified in the project plan or Statement of Work.
- Monitoring and controlling technical activities throughout the complete life-cycle of the consulting assignment.
- Participating in activities including needs analysis/requirements gathering, solution visioning & white boarding, product demonstration, prototype development and solution configuration/development.
- Participating in preparing technical studies, client and technology roadmaps or recommendation reports, data governance strategies or detailed specifications.
- Participating in designing client applications & solutions which may include system architectures, databases (GeoDatabases and other), desktop/client-server/mobile/ArcGIS Online solution components, system interfaces, data conversion strategies, workflows, and data processing solutions.
- Assisting with the configuration, development, testing, documentation, implementation and training of Esri products and solutions.
- Working with clients to assist during the installation and implementation of software.
- Working closely with regional and national project teams to manage client expectations and ensure project objectives are met.
- Conducting and participating in regular communications with clients, peers and project team members to manager expectations, communicate project progress and ensure project success.
- Contributing in the development of project plans/activity lists/scopes of work for assigned projects.
- Assisting in the preparation of proposals (e.g. RFPs, RFIs and RFQs).
- Proactively pursue self-instruction on all relevant technical topics.
Specific skill requirements:
- 3+ years of experience with GIS applications.
- Knowledge and experience with Esri products such as ArcGIS online, Desktop, Server, Geodatabases.
- Demonstrated understanding of system development methodologies and the system development life cycle (data, function, process, workflow).
- Experience gathering, analyzing and documenting user requirements and design specifications.
- Working knowledge of relational databases (Oracle or SQLServer).
- University degree in geography, geology/geosciences or equivalent education and experience.
Competencies in the following are essential:
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills / relationship building.
- Time management / multi-tasking ability.
- Excellent communication / presentation skills.
- Customer oriented, good problem solver, team player with excellent communications skills.
Considered as assets for this position are the following:
- Experience in training and educating customers using customized or configured applications.
- Experience in client/server/online applications.
- Experiences with ArcGIS Online template configuration and implementations.
- Understanding of Project Development Life Cycle from inception to completion.
- Esri Technical Certifications
- ArcGIS Desktop –Professional
- ArcGIS Server – Professional
Esri Canada provides a dynamic work environment, an opportunity to build your skills with leading tools and technologies and a team based approach. We offer attractive salaries with an outstanding benefits package.
Qualified? Submit your resume, quoting the file number, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Microsoft Word or PDF format).
Esri Canada believes in employment equity and values a diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all interested candidates. Please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.